- Implement an integrated plan to market metro Detroit to the international traveler, trade media and group tour operators, in order to incrementally increase travel to this destination from international markets. Target markets are UK, Germany, China and Canada.
- Participate in Brand USA co-op advertising program to drive visitation from international markets. Focus on UK, Germany and China.
- Collaborate with Travel Michigan and Great Lakes USA on co-op advertising initiatives
- Participate in co-op initiatives for America Journal and Essentially America
- Support Great Lakes USA in promotion of Detroit on in-country websites
- Support Travel Michigan, Delta Air Lines efforts to attract familiarization tours for both international trade and media
- Host individual international media with customized itineraries throughout the year
- Work with Travel Michigan on initiatives to help support the international traveler including seminars with partners to educate them on the customs and the hospitality experience that should be delivered to other cultures; how to work with receptive operators and collateral in various languages
- Leverage new board of directors position on US Travel to identify opportunities to further increase visibility of metro Detroit
- Attend receptive operator shows in New York and Los Angeles to promote Detroit product
- Partner with Great Lakes USA on sales efforts in the UK and Germany, including participation in two major shows: ITB Germany and WTM London and two sales missions
- Attend Chinese sales mission coordinated by Great Lakes USA to meet with customers
- Conduct a training session in collaboration with Travel Michigan for the large concentration of Chinese receptive operators in Chicago
- Attend IPW to meet individually with travel professionals to create and promote Detroit