There’s too much going on in Detroit to make it a day trip. Whether you need to lay your head down after a night in the city or need a unique space for an upcoming event, our guide to Detroit hotels will help point you in the right direction.
Boutique Downtown Detroit Hotels:
- Detroit Foundation Hotel: Located inside the former Detroit Fire Department Headquarters near TCF Center, it embodies the city’s Renaissance with a contrast of old and new.
- Trumball and Porter Hotel: One of the newest and most unique boutique hotels in the city, its located in the popular Corktown neighborhood.
- The Inn on Ferry Street: Stay in a restored Victorian mansion or carriage house near the city’s cultural, medical and educational districts.
Historic Detroit Hotels:
- Westin Book Cadillac Hotel: Located downtown, it was restored to its 1924 splendor and is now one of the city’s premier hotels.
- Aloft Detroit at The David Whitney: The historic David Whitney Building near Grand Circus Park is situated right in the heart of the city.
- El Moore Lodge: Touted as “urban sustainable lodging”, its located in a vibrant residential community in the Cass Corridor.
- Atheneum Suite Hotel: Newly renovated with modern Greek flair, its Greektown location makes it a popular choice.
Detroit Casino Hotels:
- MGM Grand Detroit: Ultra-chic, resort-style accommodations with on-site gambling and gaming in the downtown district.
- MotorCity Casino Hotel: Elegant and luxurious accommodations attached to the MotorCity Casino, located downtown.
- Greektown Casino-Hotel: Located in the Greektown district with plenty of rooms and great views.
Business or Conference Hotels in Detroit:
- Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center: Situated on the Riverwalk inside General Motors’ world headquarters, it’s ideal for doing business downtown.
- Crowne Plaza – Detroit Downtown Riverfront: Located across from iconic Hart Plaza near TCF Center within easy reach of the city’s best attractions.
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Downtown Detroit: A premium conference environment that was recently refurbished offers some of the city’s largest suites.